Since it first came on the market, the Nintendo Wii has changed the face of interactive gaming. With the original remote control, nun chuck and accessories available, video gaming is no longer sitting in front of a television simply pressing buttons to get characters to move. First person shooter games as well as driving games have been revamped especially for the Wii and its accessories. One such game is Mario Kart, a crazy game where all your favourite Mario characters from original Nintendo games batter it on various go cart race tracks. Herewith we bring you on how to unlock Mario Kart.
There are four modes of game play to choose from
- Grand Prix “” Players compete for cups at different speed and difficulty levels. Players get points based on the position they place in races
- Time Trial or Time Attack mode “” players try to get the fastest time on a track
- VS Mode “” players compete against each other in a single race
- Battle mode “” battle scenarios will arise where players can fight each other during the race in various ways.
- As with most games, there are special Mario Kart that are characters not available in normal game play that can be unlocked by completing different tasks in the game. Here are a list of these characters and how to unlock them:
- Baby Luigi – Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials Mode
- Baby Daisy – Get a “One Star” rank or better in all 50cc Grand Prix Cups.
- Toadette – Play on all 32 courses on Time Trials Mode or win 1,000 WFC online races.
- Dry Bones – 150cc Special Grand Prix Cup the 100cc Leaf Grand Prix Cup.
- Daisy “” Be the winner of the 150cc Special Grand Prix Cup.
- Birdo – Play 16 different courses in Time Trials Mode.
- Diddy Kong – Be the winner of all 50cc Retro Grand Prix Cups.
- Bowser Jr – Get a “One Star” rank or better in all 100cc Retro Grand Prix Cups.
- King Boo – Be the winner of the 50cc Star Grand Prix Cup.
- Rosalina – Get a “One Star” rank or better in all Mirror Mode Grand Prix Cups.
- Funky Kong – Unlock 4 Expert Ghost Data in Time Trials mode.
- Dry Bowser – Get a “One Star” rank or better in all 150cc Wii Grand Prix Cups.
- Mii Outfit A – Be the winner of the 100cc Special Cup.
- Mii Outfit B – Unlock 32 Expert Ghost Data in Time Trials mode or be the winner of 5,000 WFC online races.
How to unlock some of the bonus karts
- Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding kart:
- Aero Glider (large): Get a “One Star” rank or better in all 150cc Retro Cups.
- Blue Falcon (small): Be the winner the Mirror Lightning Cup. Alternately, win 4,200 races.
- Cheep Charger (small): Get a “One Star” rank or better in all 50cc Retro Cups. Alternately, be the winner of 1,800 races.
Tips and Warnings
- Wining in Mario Kart means placing in the top three in any race