Eating and living healthy is difficult when you’re constantly on the go. It’s nearly impossible to find time for regular exercise. Plus, finding the time to prepare a healthy meal every day sounds like a joke. Luckily, there are several top smartphone apps that can make these challenges a little easier. From food apps to exercise apps and general health apps, smartphones can help you manage your busy lifestyle and fit in healthy choices along the way.
Eating out on a regular basis can be bad for your health. Fast food is the worst, but even sit-down restaurants stuff their food with things that are unhealthy. For instance, you might order a side of steamed vegetables and think that you are making a healthy choice, but when it comes to your table smothered in butter, the health benefits are lost. There are several smartphone apps that can help you eat healthier, whether you are cooking at home or eating out at a restaurant.
Check out these food/diet apps:
- Epicurious: This app gives you access to over 28,000 recipes, so you can prepare quick meals that are healthy for your family. It is very useful when you are at the grocery store and you need some quick meal ideas.
- Foodditive: Food allergies are common in today’s society. You can use this app to look up food additives in products while you’re at the grocery store, so you know what you should buy and what you shouldn’t. This is faster than trying to plan out every little thing you’ll buy before heading to the store.
- Traffic Light Food Tracker: It’s not always clear which foods are healthy and which foods are not. That’s why this app is so useful. You can type in a packaged food product and the app will give you either a green light (healthy choice), yellow light (ok choice), or red light (unhealthy choice).
Exercise is important to achieving a strong and healthy body. Finding the motivation, however, to stick to a workout routine is not easy. There are several exercise apps that can boost your motivation, as well as help you keep track of your progress. Start improving your health by exercising regularly.
Check out these exercise apps:
- Fitness Builder: When you don’t have time to go to the gym, you can pull out this handy app and gain access to over 5,600 exercise videos and images. It is great for a person on the go that needs to fit in short workouts throughout the day.
- iMapMyRun: Using your smartphone’s GPS, this app tracks your run on a map. It then tells you how many miles you ran, and keeps track of routes for the future. Not only is this app fun to use, but it will also help you monitor your exercise routine—and share it with others if you choose.
- Free Heart Rate Calculator: This app allows you to check your heart rate. All you have to do is tap the screen each time your heart beats. This allows you to see when your heart rate is rising and compare it to your resting rate.
General Health Apps
The body requires regular maintenance and monitoring to stay healthy. Cellphone apps can help you manage your health and improve your overall lifestyle.
Check out these general health apps:
- iPeriod Menstrual Calendar: Women’s health is a lot more difficult to manage than men’s health, which is why this smartphone app is handy to have. It allows you to track your cycles, and it even alerts you to your most fertile days of the month.
- Wellness Diary Beta: You can track almost any health area with this app. It helps you monitor your sleep patterns, weight, and even stress levels. You can gain insights into your health by using this app and find areas that need improvement.
- SleepBug: For people that have a hard time falling asleep, this app plays ambient music to relax you so you can get the sleep you need to be healthy.
Learn more about prepaid cell phones and all the great apps that are available to improve your health and lifestyle. The ones mentioned here are some of the most popular, but there are literally thousands of apps that can help you live healthier. Of course, you’ll still have to see a doctor regularly, but you’ll have a better checkup if you are monitoring your health all the time.