One picture describes a lot. So is also a favicon of a website. Some website prefer their favicon represented by image, some really like letters type, while some like it none. So how do we add a favicon to a wordpress website? Auto or manually? Follow these simple steps..
What We Need..
- A website
- An image (of any suitable pics)
- Axialis IconWorkshop (for manual way; there are many icon software also available, i just like this one)
- Favicon generator website (also many available now)
What do we do first..
Add this code below to your website header before </head>.
<link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon'/> <link href='/favicon.ico' rel='shortcut icon'/> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
Put the favicon.ico as the same folder or level of your website homepage index.php.
To get the image/ favicon..
- Get the image which we already have and import it from Axialis software.
- Right click the image and “create windows icon from selection”. New window like below will appear. Select only 16×16 pixels XP or 16×16 pixels 256 colours.
- Click “Ok” and save the icon file as “windows icon files (.ico). This is the favicon that we will use which will we named as “favicon.ico”.
- Just go to any favicon generator like
- or any other website that may help you create “favicon.ico” image at 16×16 pixels.
Simple isn’t it?
There you go your favicon. Just clear the cache and you will see it. Just like we have at this website.