The general appearance of the blog is important but not the decisive factor in digital marketing. Blogging has become so popular that nowadays many companies and sales websites possess blogs to increase traffic, build reputation and attract more customers. SEO is the core of the modern marketing strategy. It helps to make your blog leading, interesting and engaging.
7 SEO rules and tips for your blog success
1. Up to date content
Always update your content because QDF (query devices freshness) is the key factor in deciding whether your web-site deserves to hold the first position or not. The site that has many topical issues to offer is more relevant than the one that has not been updated for months. In addition, your readers are always interested in fresh news and posts and will appreciate if you initiate some really engaging and thought-provoking discussions.
2. Effective use of keywords
A web-site that does not contain a sufficient amount of keywords will never gain popularity and success. If you are targeted to have the leading position, then try to please the search engine with word combinations they like. It is significant to use keywords that are related to the topic of your blog. Make your content informative and understandable. The web-site that contains nonsense content full of keywords and nothing else is likely “to be caught” by the filter.
- Use phrases that will consist of several words and be related to the subject matter
- Do not repeat one key phrase several times. Use diverse combinations
- Write numbers with digits instead of names. If you write “6” search engine will perceive this sign as both “6” and “six”. So, you will be more likely to have better position
- It is better to use commas instead of spaces. Do not waste space, remember that you are limited with the number of signs.
- Put more relevant keywords at the beginning of the phrase/paragraph/description. Insert a strong keyword in the title.
- Restrain from using short words, prepositions, articles (of course, if it is possible and acceptable for the sense of your text). Such small units do not have strong meaning and do not bear a tremendous importance and that is why try to avoid them.
3. Develop your web-site. Create new pages with new blog topics
On the one hand, the more information your web-site will contain, the harder it will be for Google to get all of them indexed and to get you to the first positions. On the other hand, in long-term period it pays off. This can be explained by the fact that with each page you have the chance to insert new keyword and you will obtain more links. Your visitors will follow new links and you will get more traffic.
4. Spread your backlinks on the Internet space
It is advisable to have your blog promoted by other resources with the adjacent topic. Surf the internet and guess where your content would be most appropriate. Negotiate with the hosts of the web-sites and blogs. Most of them except free guest posts but many are trying to make money on that and charge you. Connect your link to the correspondent key phrase. Try to insert it in the text the way it will sound naturally. Google values backlinks a lot and considers that to be the sign of a high reputation of the source. If your blog in connected with some business or promotion of goods and services, take advantage of that and build a strong relationship with your audience and possible customers.
6. Share backlinks
Share backlinks not only of your blog but also other related blogs. Being friendly this way will give you more chances to be included by other web-sites for free! This is also a very popular SEO practice! Become friendly to other web-sites and blogs and do not be afraid that you will lose your readers because they will trade you in for your competitor. By sharing other backlinks you will gain even more popularity!
When starting a blog, one needs to know what is the current number of visitors every day. That is why you need to use some analytics programs to get to know your traffic. Some of the analytics programs are the following ones: Google analytics, Woopra, Clicky, etc. Some of them are free of charge and some will cost you some money. Your blog effectiveness should be anyway tracked because by doing this you will increase your chances to find most appropriate topics for your blog, you will know some basic information about your target audience, etc. Some websites like Edubirdie essay writing service do not need to know the details about their audience because it is obvious they work with young generation that does not want to lose time writing essays and research papers. Whereas, other websites are in need of the general information about their readers like age/gender etc.
7. Optimize not only your texts but also pictures that you post on your blog
- Always name your pictures according to the subject matter of the article. Use plain words.
- Add appropriate alt tags to the images, it will increase their “searchability” and do not insert keywords in alt tags. It is unlikely to be helpful.
- If the article is extremely informative and you feel it requires many pictures, then saturate your text with wonderful bright pictures. Do not use just one general image.
- The size of the picture should better not exceed 1 MB.
Here were some useful tips for your success while initiating and developing your blog. This can definitely help you in the blog promotion and development. Remember that after your blog receives a lot of traffic and is popular among its readers, you may turn your hobby into a great business and make the most of it! So, never give up and pay attention to advise of professionals that have a long experience in the blogging industry.