Though cloud computing is highly efficient when it comes to keeping your data safe, it is up to you how you want to use the available space. Handled properly, the cloud can fully protect your stored data and information.
Here are 5 tips that can help you keep your data secure:
1. Password Security: The first and most important step is to have usernames and passwords that are unique and unbreakable. Keep them equally complex for all the websites and services you need to use credentials for.
2. Security Checks: Don’t choose questions that have simple, easily guessable answers. Hackers might get them on the Internet and access one of your accounts. A useful trick is to answer a question with some other question’s answer.
3. Enable Encryption: Although it may take lots of time and effort to encrypt your data and information, you can expect to get lots of benefits in the long run. You can code and jumble your credentials, making it almost impossible for other to easily procure them.
4. Two-Step Authentication: When two-step authentication is activated, every site will use two modes to allow the user to enter. For this, you’ll need a separate unique code in addition to your username and password. This code is sent to your phone every time you attempt to login.
5. Use Anti-Virus Protection: Since you use your system to access the cloud, first protect it. If your computer is at risk, you can’t ensure data security. Consider using a reliable anti-virus that can be updated from time to time.